Saving the games

teresa
Personally, I think it is not so convenient that for every game, we can only save 1 one copy and resume it later.

Is it possible to have more space and save different trials/copies?

For example, when I face a question with choice A and choice B, I could save this trial and choose A. Even if I regret later, I could go back to the history/trials/copies and choose B. Therefore, I would suggest providing more space for trials/copies.

Would it be possible to send any opinion to Quest? Through email? :roll:

Pertex
You can add a feature request here: http://quest.uservoice.com/

Silver
teresa wrote:Personally, I think it is not so convenient that for every game, we can only save 1 one copy and resume it later.

Is it possible to have more space and save different trials/copies?

For example, when I face a question with choice A and choice B, I could save this trial and choose A. Even if I regret later, I could go back to the history/trials/copies and choose B. Therefore, I would suggest providing more space for trials/copies.

Ah. The cheats available in choose-your-own-adventure books not carrying over to the electronic side of the genre. :D

n00b
If you're making the game/book just add an option to the game(wherever you want) to enter a code. Wherever there are big decisions/the game breaks of into a separate branch give the player a code that whenever they enter the code in the script, it takes them to that specific choice/branch. that way in text adventure you can 'revert' as it were to a specific point without having to do EVERYTHING all over again. it also adds a sort of save function to gamebooks. Improvising is a lost art. ;D

Marzipan
Or just add an 'UNDO' command.

It's a standard command in text adventures and even in the case of CYOAs, a 'go back' command is such a basic courtesy (especially here where the authors think it's just HILARIOUS to give the player a 50/50 chance of dying with every click) that I'll sometimes drop a star in my rating if a game doesn't include one.