A "Super" Game

IvoryGames
I have recently come up with the idea to create a VERY large game.
I want this game to be so big that it takes at the VERY minimum a full day (24 Hours).
---
Just some details about the game's plan:
-10,000-50,000 Pages!
-Over 500 Stores!
-Over 5,000 Weapons (About 100 Per Class)!
-Nearly 50 DIFFERENT Classes!
-1,000+ Towns/Villages
-500+ Dungeons/Camps
-Full Economy System
-Saving-Loading System
-Full Website
-Easter Eggs
-Add On Packs (Almost Like DLC… Except… You know… Free… )
-Rideable Pets
-Online Play
---
Don't even ask how Online would work, our crew is just trying to think outside the box.
Note: We had to take extra time for Quest to be able to be used on multiple computers at once. (If you don't get what I mean… We made it so we can make the same game on six different computers.)
---
So? What do you think we should remove/add to the idea of the game.
Oh and the game is going to be 109% free.

HegemonKhan
sounds awesome, as I love RPGs (I presume this is going to be an RPG, sounds like it anyways, hehe).

more details of information about your game would be useful (if you've already done the brainstorming, have planned out, of this, of course):

genre~setting, story~plot, game mechanics~attributes~stats, combat system (any unique~novel features~ideas)?, any 'magic' system?, 'world~exploration' design, npcs~dialogue, dynamic or static game design (such as with the npcs~monsters), more traditional~classic RPG design or more modern, character creation (races? and etc customizing features?), etc etc etc

------------

50 classes is a lot... better to have fewer classes but more fully 'fleshed out' and diverse classes.

davidw
Is this another of those hopelessly ambitious epic games of legendary size that will soon be abandoned due to a hard drive crash?

jaynabonne
I might have this wrong, but it sounds like a joke. :) (For example, "I want this game to be so big that it takes at the VERY minimum a full day (24 Hours)" has that discontinuity of thought associated with humor. Unless it's 24 hours to download... lol)

If not, then it sounds like quantity over quality. And no description at all about what makes it... uh... fun.

Unless you add:

- Over 3000 different spells!
- Over 120 nightclubs!
- Gambling with REAL MONEY, with the odds in your favor
- 25 DIFFERENT weather climates!
- 67 DIFFERENT cuisine offerings!
- 389 DIFFERENT theme songs!
- 45 DIFFERENT toilet stylings!
- 5 names to choose from (and our unique feature is: they're ALL THE SAME)!

:lol:

Alex
Man, this sort of thing comes up so often - if we had an FAQ, it would have to part of it, as a meta-question.

Q. I'm going to make the biggest game ever! It's going to have 100,000 rooms, 300,000 characters and 0 interesting ideas!
A. No, you're not.

Silver
Or in the style of Peter Cook:

- I'm writing epic mega game!!!1!!!

PC - Yes, Neither am I.

onimike
IvoryGames wrote:I have recently come up with the idea to create a VERY large game.
I want this game to be so big that it takes at the VERY minimum a full day (24 Hours).
---
Just some details about the game's plan:
-10,000-50,000 Pages!
-Over 500 Stores!
-Over 5,000 Weapons (About 100 Per Class)!
-Nearly 50 DIFFERENT Classes!
-1,000+ Towns/Villages
-500+ Dungeons/Camps
-Full Economy System
-Saving-Loading System
-Full Website
-Easter Eggs
-Add On Packs (Almost Like DLC… Except… You know… Free… )
-Rideable Pets
-Online Play
---
Don't even ask how Online would work, our crew is just trying to think outside the box.
Note: We had to take extra time for Quest to be able to be used on multiple computers at once. (If you don't get what I mean… We made it so we can make the same game on six different computers.)
---
So? What do you think we should remove/add to the idea of the game.
Oh and the game is going to be 109% free.

I give you kudos for ambition, but to make a game that magnitude is next to impossible with out a team of actual programmers. I mean heres a online mmorpg text adventure game http://www.dark-warriors.net/index.php and that's just one, I have played other with more depth. I mean it would be awesome but unless you're a skilled programmer I can say from experience that its not gonna happen. Now a story book with different out comes for each class is a totally different situation, there you can concentrate on different aspects of the stories for the character classes. Have each class meet up at some points in time during the stories. This would be my idea in a game in any magnitude near that size, man I have been on here for about 2 years maybe less (not a programmer and don't know how to script really) and still am having troubles with the basics but that is me and we all learn differently just don't get over ambitious it sets up for a bad mode and a headache lol.

jaynabonne
I discovered this incredible game once. It was immense - there were oceans, deserts, jungles, lands covered in ice, and nearly 200 countries. It had advanced economic systems and more possible roles to play than could be counted. Some players chose to be scientists, some were artists, some were soldiers and explorers and pilots and chefs. There were more weapons than any one player could know, with more being added every day. Each player could make his own path through the game - but it was an infinite game, where the purpose was to continue the play rather than bring it to an end. And because of that, there were all sorts of smaller games going on within its bounds. And each player had a unique play experience.

Most impressively, the map for the world in this game spanned over 500 million square kilometers, and there was even the hint of the possibility at some point in the future of the game expanding to other worlds.

Best of all, it was free and (amazingly) you didn't need a computer to play.

The downside is, with over 7 billion playing, not everyone was exactly having fun...

Silver
I rolled my character as a first world, working class, post industrial cheap-wine enthusiast.

davidw
Does anyone happen to know the code to unlock the winning numbers on this week's lottery? I've tried hacking it but got nowhere.

Silver
I can give it a go but it might take me a few weeks and I'll need you to send me your tickets to help me crack the code.

davidw
Do you need my credit card details as well? That way, you can pay the money straight into my account once you have it.

Silver
Yes please. And your mother's maiden name in case something happens and I need to trace a family member about your winnings.

HegemonKhan
... this is a good idea ... I'm surprised I haven't (anyways) heard of any hackers trying to hack (or mathematician+hackers finding an algorithm to find the winning loterry number or to reverse-engineer the algorithm that picks the winning number, lol) the lottery... (I guess it's just better to hack banks or the stock exchange or ransom crypto virus corporations or just be a 12 year old kid creating an ad popup virus~worm code for advertisers, getting $1 for every computer that gets infected with it ... laughs)

--------

or, if you want to be uber sneaky, copy the method in the anime series, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd Gig, of just hacking into the financial institutions (world banks or stock exhange, whatever), stealing only their change (less than $1) on all transactions so you never get noticed ... 7 billion people * (X*7 billion transactions per person) * (Y*X*7 billion peoples change amount) ... hehe :D

-------

unfortunately, criminal hacking is uber lucritive as can be seen... and as we all know... having all been hacked and our computers infected and~or scammed~ransomed.

jaynabonne
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=lottery+algorithm+prediction

Edit: BTW, that site is a bit more sarcastic than I was actually feeling (which was none), but it's a much shorter link than the actual google request. And it's kinda fun to watch.