Puzzle ideas? Stuck in design process?

Cyllya
I've noodled around with a few game ideas, and I have one I like, which I think I've got about 95% planned in my head, I'm halfway through a mock-up transcript, and I made one of those puzzle maps... but I'm stuck. There's one section in the game that seriously needs more/better puzzles, and I can't think of anything.

To illustrate what I mean, I attached the puzzle map. (It goes from left to right. Sorry it's too small to read, but it's really wide and text isn't what's important.) The section circled in red sucks. It needs something there, but what I put there is dumb, because I can't think of anything else.

This stinks. :( What do you guys do in this situation?

I'm mostly looking for general info, but if you want to help brainstorm instead... what are any ways an animal companion with magical ice breath could be useful? :)
puzzlemap.png

The Pixie
Cyllya wrote:I'm mostly looking for general info, but if you want to help brainstorm instead... what are any ways an animal companion with magical ice breath could be useful? :)

All I can think of off-hand is:

Freeze water so you can cross a river
Battle a fire elemental or similar
Make the ground slippery so you can move something heavy out the way
Make the ground slippery so you can drop something heavy on enemies
Make the ground slippery so you can jump on something to escape enemies
Make the ground slippery so enemies slip past you or off a cliff

The Pixie
Freeze enemies

XanMag
Make a Popsicle out of mushed berries and a stick. Give to monster blocking your path to soothe a monster with a toothache.

Have the monster freeze time (maybe the main character has a watch or there is a clock in the room?), which would freeze a timer script allowing you more time to achieve a certain goal.

Have a pendulum axe swinging in front of an exit or treasure chest. Move the pendulum every turn. The player needs to freeze the pendulum at the proper time to access the reward?

I can't tell what you have going on in your game so obviously these are just random ideas. Good luck!