Game test 2

OurJud
As before, just looking for likely responses to the following, so that I know I have everything covered.

As the vehicle comes into focus it's clear it's unoccupied, and has been for some time. The passenger door and both rear doors hang open. The hood is off its latch and the trunk is shut tight.

The road here swings to the west. Back to the south the path rises to a crest.
>

XanMag
FYI... and maybe it's just me... when I first read that, I thought the vehicle was moving toward me, but I think you are moving toward the vehicle, right? And, after this message is printed, am I supposed to assume the vehicle is within reach or is it still a good distance away? That would change what commands I might try.

OurJud
XanMag wrote:FYI... and maybe it's just me... when I first read that, I thought the vehicle was moving toward me, but I think you are moving toward the vehicle, right? And, after this message is printed, am I supposed to assume the vehicle is within reach or is it still a good distance away? That would change what commands I might try.

Mmm, needs a re-write, obviously.

Yes, you are approaching the vehicle (at the previous location I mention it being in the distance, sat by the side of the road)

And yes, you are standing by the car and within reach.

XanMag
Possible commands:
1. s, u, w
2. search vehicle
3. x vehicle, look at vehicle
4. look in trunk
5. look in car
6. x door
7. look in hood, x hood
8. get in car, enter car
9. open trunk
10. open driver door (and variations of driver door = driver's door, drivers door, driver side door, etc)
11. look under car
That's what I initially thought to try. Anything else might depend on the inventory.

OurJud
I presume the 'u' is for 'up' (rising path) ?

Well going from that list, I didn't do too bad. The only difference being that you opted for 'look in (hood / trunk)' whereas I went with 'search' (for trunk) and 'open; lift' for hood.

I also never considered 'look under car'.

Good to know, thanks.

XanMag
The more elaborate my games get, the more important I realize questions like this are. I'm currently combing through X2 to try and cover all the possible commands a player might enter!! Ugh. But, in the end, it makes the game WAY better if you do a thorough job of considering/accommodating player input! Good luck!