A series of eBook gamebooks with the same plot throughout the series?

lightwriter
I don't think this has ever been done before and I thought about doing it myself. I want to write an eBook series that is a CYOA style and it will be a series. But unlike other CYOA eBook series you will have to start from Book 1 because the sequels will continue the story from where you left off. At the end of each Book will be a code to use to continue off where you left off.
Also the choices will be links rather than turn to page 4, etc.
So what do you think?
Too big of an idea?

XanMag
Not at all. Knock yourself out!

OurJud
But wouldn't you have to use a whole different system to Quest, or is that your intention anyway.

I don't think you can simply make a Gamebook with Quest and then publish it as an eBook, can you?? eBooks and games are two different things.

lightwriter
OurJud wrote:But wouldn't you have to use a whole different system to Quest, or is that your intention anyway.

I don't think you can simply make a Gamebook with Quest and then publish it as an eBook, can you?? eBooks and games are two different things.

I'm actually going to be using Scrivener and use links within the document to act as the choices.

OurJud
Ah, I see.

Sounds like a nice idea, in principle, although I wouldn't want to take it on :D

lightwriter
Thanks, I will have a little demo coming in the upcoming weeks so people can give me feedback on the format.

The Pixie
lightwriter wrote:I don't think this has ever been done before and I thought about doing it myself. I want to write an eBook series that is a CYOA style and it will be a series. But unlike other CYOA eBook series you will have to start from Book 1 because the sequels will continue the story from where you left off. At the end of each Book will be a code to use to continue off where you left off.

What do you see as the advantage of that compared to one big game? Will it be full of images so just going to be too big to upload? Do you just want to release something, and then go on to the next part?

Also the choices will be links rather than turn to page 4, etc.

So like Squiffy, Twine,...

lightwriter
Sorry, I don't think I made it clear what I'm writing. It's basically going to be a gamebook like the old Choose Your Own Adventure series like this:
http://www.cyoa.com/
and it's going to be a stand alone eBook and not in Quest.