First game beta feedback! 'Vaughn's Flight' Animals Attack...

gazamatazabbott
Hello!

I recently found this amazing software and community after wondering if it would be possible to create text 'tie-in' games to my published short stories and upcoming novel.

Turns out I was right! I'm loving playing with this software. I'm using the GUI offline, and have a little bit of coding knowledge, so learning some bits as I go along (though mostly keeping it GUI).

This is a rough and ready WIP of my first attempt. It is only about 20% complete (I think), but just wondering what experienced users of this software think so far.

Any thoughts, feedback or advice would be great... The game is a 'companion' story to one of my short stories that was published in a collection last year called 'Animals Attack', in which humanity has been devastated by the animals (all of them) spontaneously turning... This tale is going to show what happened to one of the characters before they 'appeared' in the short story.

If you are interested, the story is part of my collection 'The Dimension Scales and Other Stories' that you can buy through amazon and other such retailers. (This isn't a pitch - honestly! But I do think this would be a COOL way to do marketing in the future if I can get it right!).

Here is the private link:

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ ... hns-flight

Thanks!

XanMag
I gave it one quick play through. My health ended up reaching zero around the bandstand area. There were some very minor typos (I think I only noticed two) and a couple of the dreaded "nothing out of the ordinary" responses, but that is just a pet peeve of mine! I'm sure you will pick up if you give it a quick glance again. I will play again when I am not so tired, but so far I really like what I have seen. The writing is good. The design of the game seems thoughtful. Your use of the Quest system seems a bit complex. You are doing some things with it that aren't super easy, so good job there. Once I play it again, I will leave a little more detailed feedback.

Nice job so far (and I am picky!!). Keep writing it!

XanMag

gazamatazabbott
Thanks! I know I need to proof it and plug any gaps with defaults. Was trying to get a basic route/shape first. I'm learning as I go along and setting myself logic problems with interactions to teach myself. Thanks for your help. Look forward to hearing more later!

gazamatazabbott
The link has been updated with a new version - still not complete but about twice in length with some interface clean up's and new characters.

Would love any more feedback from you guys...

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ ... hns-flight