New Game: Vampyre Towyre (Android, Paid)

terpauldev
Hi, just posting a shameless plug for my recently released Android Game:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.terpauldev.vampyretowyre

It's a paid app (I know, kiss of death...) but it has no ads, in-app purchases or nosy permissions. It's designed to work on pretty much any Android device with touch or click capability.

Please take a look; I'm Happy to answer any questions/comments about it.

Sincererly,
Terry

Kozelek
Hello Terry,

Let me tell you that this game has hands down the best interface for a text adventure I've seen yet. It is really friendly, and plays wonderfully well.

The story is the kind of puzzle-fest I love, and I am enjoying it greatly as well :)

I have a question with one of the puzzles though:

*** SPOILERS ***
*** SPOILERS ***
*** SPOILERS ***

I am currently stuck with the dog puzzle. I am guessing that the way to solve it has to do with the sausage in the toy truck and using the toy controller from the terrace, but I cannot find the way to do it right.

The objects I currently have: basket, business card, chair leg, gauntlet, horseshoe, jacket, lantern, matchbox, needle, plastic fangs, sausage, toy truck, bucket, cell key, chocolate bar, hooky thing, iron bar, journal, liquid soap, nail scissors, phone, rags, toy remote, yarn

Any nudge in the right direction? :)

*** SPOILERS ***

terpauldev
Hi Kozelek,

thanks for trying the game out, I'm glad you're enjoying it :D

You're on the right track with the hound puzzle. The dog will follow the toy truck if you put the sausage in it, then you'll need to lead the hound into a trap.

Here's the step-by-step solution (backwards);
kcurt yot eht ni egasuas eht tup
draytruoc renni eht ni kcurt yot eht nwod tup
tsew draytruoc renni ta rood (dehs egarots) eht nepo
etomer yot eht ta kool dna ecarret eht ot og
drawrof ,thgir ,drawrof ,tfel ,tfel ,drawrof ,tfel :redro siht ni etomer eht no snottub eht hsup
(!yrruh) rood eht esolc dna tsew draytruoc renni ot og
worrableehw eht hsup

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,
Terry

Kozelek
Thank you! I think there were a couple misleading messages about "losing contact with the toy truck", and that's perhaps why I didn't get the solution.

In any case, this is a beautiful puzzle ;)

Thanks for helping out Terry!