503 Service Temporarily Unavailable: cloudflare-nginx

Sorry but I just noticed this problem.
Many times when I try to edit my game or go to forum or add a comment/review to a game, this happens. Does anyone know what is happening to the site?
And what does "cloudflare-nginx" mean?

I was seeing that from time to time here in the forums yesterday as well (not the cloudflare part, but the 503 errors). Perhaps it was a server or service provider issue. Are you still seeing it?

I'm seeing it a lot suddenly, especially today, 7JAN17. You think it's server related, Jay?

Anonynn.

You can do a google search for it. I found a site that talks about causes of that error, but the forum won't let me post the link for some reason.

From there, a general statement: "Most of the time, a 503 error occurs because the server is too busy or because there's maintenance being performed on it." But there are other more specific things that can cause it.

Is the forum hosted on Cloudflare? When I looked them up, it suggested the do all sorts of internet stuff, so it could be they provide DNS servers or some HTTP requests go via their servers.

I tried to create a new game (i'm new here) and the same thing happened!

Looks like things are back to normal now. There were a lot of database time-outs over the last couple of days. That can happen if the site is under heavy load. It looks like archive.org has been backing up the site https://archive.org/download/archiveteam_archivebot_go_20170107040002. Ironic that it caused outages!

It happened again today.
In fact, it happened when i first tried to reply.

I think I might have figured it out. I notice the error is happening a lot with FireFox. What browser do all of you use?

Anonynn.