Question about the Map feature - Creating a room with grid inside

I use the map feature and found a good way to draw rooms where I want them inside bigger rooms.
For example:
I made a big room and set it's size on the map to 7x7. Let's call it Village.

□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □

Then I created a "in" exit which leads to a empty 1x1 room. Quest place the empty room automatically in the mid. The exit is invisible.

□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ ■ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □

Then I create a 2nd empty room. I create a exit from the 1st empty room to the north and connect it with the 2nd empty room. The exits length is 0. Also, the 2nd empty room is connected "out" to the village, length 0.

□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ ■ □ □ □
□ □ □ ■ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □

I decide to place a tavern in this village. I create the tavern room east from empty room 2. This exits has also a length of 0 and the tavern is also connected "out" to the village.

□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ ■ ▣ □ □
□ □ □ ■ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □
□ □ □ □ □ □ □

Using this method I place buildings in my grid village there where I want them.
The border and main color of the empty rooms is same as the village's main color. This way the empty rooms can't be seen.
Okay, if I have more buildings the map drawer get confused and starting to displace the player position.
To avoid this I created the buildings as objects in the village, which I can "visit".

The script for visiting the tavern do...
Visit tavern >> move player to empty_room1 >> move player to empty_room2 >> move player to tavern

Leaving the tavern on the same way, backwards. This will place the player back to the middle of the village. While moving through the empty rooms the automatic generated map description is turned off.

**Now the questions....

Are there limitations for the room size?

Are there limitations for "in" and "out" exits?

Any possible future problems using this method ?**

Greetings

That's pretty neat :)

I think you could get a similar effect by manipulating the coordinates directly.

I did that with my Pokémon game. I had to...

I do know that there aren't any limits to exits. At least, not that I know of. They even have "Non-directional exits."

Sounds good, the sky is the limit!
I tried several ways to build a village with it's surrounding (Farm, Forest, Fields, Lumberjack hut, etc. but most times they concluded with the rooms "in" the village and messed up the player's the room's position on map.

I gonna try to make the empty rooms as visible, boarderless streets on the map.