Map Tiles Extended: Improved Room Map Tab with all 16 Map Tiles

Cylius_Optimi
This library was written to replace CoreEditorObjectMap.aslx. It replaces the Map tab for rooms with an improved tab that lists all 16 available tile draws, up from the standard 7 tiles. In addition, all tiles are clearly marked and (at least in my opinion) well organized.

Also, thanks, jaynabonne, for telling me about the map system.

Demo:

Installation:Provides the inherited types that are called by the editor. If you prefer, you can tack the types on to the end of your game file (before </asl>).

In CoreEditorObject.aslx, replace this line:
<include ref="CoreEditorObjectMap.aslx"/>
with this line:
<include ref="MapTilesExt_Editor.aslx"/>
Note that you should not simply tack this on to the end if you want it to work; the default Map tab will override this library.

Alternate Installation:
If you'd prefer not to replace the default Map tab with this (or simply don't wish to change any of the core libraries); you can change the template [EditorObjectMapMap] inside the <caption> tags on line 4 of the editor library to another name (such as MapExt) and include it with your game. However, the tab will then appear at the very end of the row.

Also, just a note: Quest doesn't like it when it tries to load the editor tab but can't find any referenced types. If you get an error while the editor library is loaded, but the types aren't, then the culprit is the lack of types. I'll update my post with the most recent editor aslx which is likely free of this bug, but just thought anyone who encounters that error should know.

Pertex
Nice!
Just two points to clear your post:

MapTilesExt_Types.aslx -> Goes in your game folder; provides the inherit types that are called by the editor.

And it must included in your game, of course.

In CoreEditor.aslx, replace this line:

I think you must replace it in CoreEditorObject.aslx

The Pixie
Can you include some screenshots of the new grid, or a link to an uploaded example game? It would help to show people what your system will do.

Cylius_Optimi
Pertex wrote:Nice!
Just two points to clear your post:

MapTilesExt_Types.aslx -> Goes in your game folder; provides the inherit types that are called by the editor.

And it must included in your game, of course.

[quote]
In CoreEditor.aslx, replace this line:

I think you must replace it in CoreEditorObject.aslx[/quote]

Yeah, thanks for the corrections. I wrote this post pretty late at night before I went to sleep.

The Pixie wrote:Can you include some screenshots of the new grid, or a link to an uploaded example game? It would help to show people what your system will do.

Certainly! I'll put together a demo very soon.