Problem posting to IF Answers

adammadam
I actually have no idea how to ask a question on that site because I get stuck at the "Before proceeding, please check your question was not asked already" and there seems to be no way to be able to submit your question?!

Alex
What question are you trying to post?

Has it been asked already?

adammadam
oh well I was going to post this question on there viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5291&p=36563#p36563

erm basically how to stop the "please choose which 'object' you mean" message coming up under any circumstances.

e.g. if I have a library, inside is "gardening book" ,"cooking book", "workout book" etc. Then if someone decides to type in "eat book" it will come up with "which book did you mean"
1. Gardening book
2. cooking book
etc

and I just wanted that to never happen, instead if someone types "eat book" or anything, nothing happens. Because I wanted to make use of scenery objects being hidden more and maybe have some puzzles involving typing specifically the right thing, but if a list pops up then all the scenery with the common word is listed so the puzzle is ruined because they're not supposed to be able to be so easily discovered.

But, it's not that important right now because if I have an object called "book" in there.. it will default to that instead and not show the menu. so for now I'm just making sure to have extra objects like that in any scenario a menu could come up to stop it.

adammadam
It is a bit weird because if I have a scenery object like dave's legs, dave's arms etc. Then someone types "eat dave's" it will come up with
"which dave's did you mean"
1. dave's legs
2. dave's arms
etc

So I will put an object in the room called "dave's", with no description, to stop the menus in that event. Because I want it to just be wrong to type in "eat daves" rather than it show the menu. Plus.. say if theres a hidden object on dave "dave's map" or something, which lets say you learn about later on then take from dave whilst he's asleep by now knowing its there, you can "look at map" "take map" whilst before, you had no idea about it.. but with the "eat dave's" everything "dave's" will just come up so something working like that is easily broken by the player. They will see "dave's map" and every scenery item listed as "dave's" just by tying in something silly like "eat dave's"

adammadam
but anyway, I think it's working alright so far adding in all these extra objects to stop it. And my post about IF answers yeah I just couldnt ask the question, I dont think it's already on there, none of the ones it told me to check were the same question, but I didnt know how to bypass that checking the question hasnt already been asked stage on the site.

lightwriter
You might've missed one of the fields like the category or something