Can you change offline editor font size?

Dennis Carlyle
Hi. I'm having fun learning to use Squiffy. (Thanks for a great tool, Alex.) However, it's the first time I've looked at HTML/CSS in a long time. Using the editor *online* is fine, but I'd like to be able to use it *offline* as well, and would prefer that. Problem is -- the text editor font is way too small me. (Windows 10, crappy 1366 x 768 LCD screen). Otherwise, it seems to work fine.

If there's a way to increase the font size in the offline text editor itself (the actual script/code you write), could someone tell me how? Thanks.

leobos67
Click on the "gear" button near the "build" button on the top right and then choose the font size of the editor window.

Dennis Carlyle
leobos67 wrote:Click on the "gear" button near the "build" button on the top right and then choose the font size of the editor window.

Thanks -- but you're thinking of the online version of Squiffy at this site. As I said, I have no problem using that version (as it's easy to expand a browser page). I'm asking about the offline version that you download, and which runs as a standalone program on your computer.

I can bring up the "DevTools" (F12) in the offline editor -- and set the font size for the 'Output' panel. But I can't find where I would set the font for the input -- where you enter the text.

leobos67
Dennis Carlyle wrote:

"leobos67"

Click on the "gear" button near the "build" button on the top right and then choose the font size of the editor window.

Thanks -- but you're thinking of the online version of Squiffy at this site. As I said, I have no problem using that version (as it's easy to expand a browser page). I'm asking about the offline version that you download, and which runs as a standalone program on your computer.

The "gear" button is available also in the offline version, at least in Squiffy 5.0 for Windows, and it works exactly as in the offline version of the editor: once clicked, one can change the editor's font size.

Dennis Carlyle
Edit: I see now where I got the out of date version. The link is at http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/squiffy/

-- under "Using Squiffy" section:
"Or you can download Squiffy for Windows, OSX or Linux."
The Windows download link still points to 4.0 on GitHub.

Luckily, the 'Check for updates' thing in the offline editor will get you version 5.0

----------------------------------------------------------

leobos67 wrote:
The "gear" button is available also in the offline version, at least in Squiffy 5.0 for Windows, and it works exactly as in the offline version of the editor: once clicked, one can change the editor's font size.

Hmmm . . . I downloaded Squiffy just a few days ago, but now that I've checked the 'About Squiffy' link (under "help"), I see it was version 4.0.

Anyway - thanks again. The gear icon for changing editor font is there in 5.0, of course, just as you said.

leobos67
Dennis Carlyle wrote:

"leobos67"

Hmmm . . . I downloaded Squiffy just a few days ago, but now that I've checked the 'About Squiffy' link (under "help"), I see it was version 4.0.

Probably because the download link here http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/squiffy/ still points to Squiffy 4.0
That's really misleading.

Dennis Carlyle
leobos67 wrote:
Probably because the download link here http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/squiffy/ still points to Squiffy 4.0
That's really misleading.

Right - I see you caught that before I edited my last post.

So - just to be clear for anyone else who wants to, but can't change font size in the offline editor:

- click on "Help / About Squiffy" in the top menu of the offline program. If you don't have the latest version of Squiffy, it will (if I recall) have the option to "Check for Updates." And clicking that will trigger a popup window for downloading the latest version.