Getting a game out there

Bluevoss
Okay, I do understand that you can publish to Textadventures by sending them a zip file (that seems easy enough). However, I've got two applications I'd like to get out there and I'm not sure I understand how to do this.

1) I run a literary blog and would like to do a piece on playbook gaming. In fact, the best way to do this would be to actually create a small playbook that would explain this (in game form). I'm trying to get this into a Joomla website - simply dumping the "publish" output into source doesn't seem to work. Any ideas on how this could be imported?

1a) I also run a game site for excel programs - http://www.gridsims.com/wp/. If I develop a squiffy game, I'd like to include it there. This one would be wordpress, but I assume it would be the same thing. So, how to import it?

2) I mostly work offline - seems easier. For share a game with friends, what would you do - zip it and send it? That has worked on test postings, but people have to click on the index.html to get anywhere. Feels kludgy. Any better way to do this?

bgbg
Your compiled Squiffy game is, basically, in the form of a playable webpage. So wherever you want to publish it, you'll need to include the index.html file (the actual web page) and the style.css file (which specifies how the web page should look) along with the javascript files automatically generated (which includes your game in javascript form, so that it can be played on the web page). Plus any other graphics, sound, etc. files you are using. You can rename the index.html file to something else instead of "index" though, like the name of your game. And you can also rename the style.css file if you need to (for instance, if your web site already has a style.css file) but then you'll need to change the index.html file to point to the correct css file.

Then you'll probably need to link to the html file (whatever you've named it) from the existing part of your site.

You do not need to include the original Squiffy file when you publish. That is not useful to the end user for playing the game.

I don't know how Joomla works. If it doesn't let you upload a fully-formed web page, then maybe you'll have to copy and paste the contents of index.html into whatever Joomla has you use to create a new web page. But it will still need access to the other files.

It's possible to upload to textadventures and mark it "private" so that only people you give the link to can see it. That is possibly simplest for the end user.

If you don't want the end user to have to click on index.html (or whatever you rename the web page to), I don't know what you want instead. A stand-alone app?

Bluevoss

It's possible to upload to textadventures and mark it "private" so that only people you give the link to can see it. That is possibly simplest for the end user.

So I could upload it to textadventures and provide the link on my site? That might be my answer.