Can't update

Bluevoss
Don't know why this is. Put in a game (unlisted) and played it. Friends played it. Fixed it a couple of weeks ago and loaded it back in - no problems.

Tonight I try to load in a new version. Same name. Build a zip file. Post it in. Everything says it's fine, including the update date. But it still shows (and has comments for, and plays) the old version.

Is there something I'm missing about updating?

Dennis Carlyle
Just a guess -- Have you clicked on "Restart"?

Bluevoss
Yes, I did. And I don't see the changes to the comments that I added for the game. It seems to say it updated but nothing.

Again, I'm assuming you can "overwrite" a title with one with the same name.

Bluevoss
No I didn't. Jeeeze.... I thought I had. I think I clicked immediately on the version to see if it updated.

Well, if I can make it two or three more hours before turning in, I probably won't top that for stupid.

Thanks.

Dennis Carlyle
Bluevoss wrote: [. . .]

Well, if I can make it two or three more hours before turning in, I probably won't top that for stupid. [. . .]

Nah - the 'Restart' thing isn't very intuitive. If I don't use it for a while, it can slip my mind too.

Bluevoss
Having said all this, I'm still having update problems.

I have a game with incorrect code in it which I'd just patched, introducing an error. I correct the code in the editor, I save, I build, I playtest it. It's fine in the local version.

Then I zip it up. In my squiffy account, I upload it. It says (at the bottom) that it saved. The date updates.

However, the problem is still there. And yes, I've hit restart. I've also cleared my cache, rebooted, and even changed computers. The date shows I updated it but the file changes are not reflected in what is online in textadventures.

Is there some time when updates are done? Or some restrictions on how many updates an hour you can make? Is this to prevent Denial of Service attacks? Otherwise, I'm stumped. I even moved my squiffy files to another computer, zipped and loaded and still no update. So its not on my computer's side. It's gotta be something textadventures does when you try to load several times in short order.

bgbg
In this post Alex says:

Also, to speed up the site we use a CDN (Content Delivery Network) which stores a copy of your game - sometimes it can take a while before this gets updated, so you may need to try again after a few hours.

Bluevoss
That makes sense. I checked back two hours later and it was up. Thanks for the answer.