Altering wearables

I have an odd problem. I created a helmet with a push button light on it using verb ‘push button. ‘The light worked perfectly. Then I made it wearable. The verb push button stopped working. And ceased to be displayed on the panels.
I don’t understand code at all.
Have I used too many features on one item?
The trouble is that if you delete a mistake it’s very difficult to get rid of it. Perhaps switch on would be better

Having an object wearable messes a bit with the verbs. You probably want it to be listet on the "inventory verbs" section of the object tab. These verbs are displayed on the right hand side when your item is within your inventory to have it available at all. Besides that there is a checkbox "adjust inventory verbs" at the bottom of the wear tab. You probably don't want that checked for your helmet.

I found this was a problem as well, so opted to bypass it by NOT making it a wearable object, but instead, creating a new COMMAND "wear helmet". Then you can specify what happens in more detail.

The only problem with this scenario is that the (worn) description will not exist in your inventory for that object! Also another command is needed to bypass this type of interaction : "WEAR ALL" : You could produce a response: "suggest wearing things individually is a better option!"