Unable to create a new Quest game

Hey there! For some reason, I'm completely unable to create a new quest game. On the "Create a New Game" screen, I can enter the title and select gamebook, but as soon as I click "create" it says "Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request." Is the game creator down right now?


The website is moving ownership from Pertex to ThePixie, so there's bound to be some glitches.


I mean, it's a pretty extreme glitch to be completely unable to even start using Quest. Is there a fix in progress? Should I just not use Quest for the foreseeable future?


It might take a few weeks to fix.


I just tried creating a gamebook online, and it worked perfectly fine.


The website is moving ownership from Pertex to ThePixie, so there's bound to be some glitches

I am not the owner of this website, just a moderator :-)


Yeah, it's still not working. Is it because I'm using chrome? Is it because I'm using a macbook?


My sister has Chrome and a MacBook funnily enough, and I was able to edit and play games on that computer yesterday. I don't know about creating games though.


It still works for me. (I just made an entirely new test game.)

Also, this thread has a relative:

https://textadventures.co.uk/forum/general/topic/d1d5s6jrf0gadl9fk9bn_q/i-keep-getting-the-same-error-just-trying-to-name-my-adventure#9cd91b74-27f2-4cdd-bf4d-b48f858ba9e1


I don't know which forum is the proper place for this topic, and it doesn't bother me either way. I only mentioned the other thread in case the solution pops up there rather than here.


Note that I am using Firefox on Linux.

I would test in Chrome on Windows as well as Chromium on Linux, but the good folks at Google recently announced that they will soon be screwing the Chromium people over in a manner that will likely end the Chromium project. So, I uninstalled all that crap the other day, just out of spite I guess.

Fortunately, someone else who frequents this site surely has Chrome or Chromium and the time to test this out (for the greater good)?


Was trying to figure out why it works for some people and not others.

Finally got a meaningful result: It seems to work only over HTTPS.

So check if the address you're using starts with http:// - if so, change it to https:// (or add https:// to the beginning if your browser doesn't show either, because sometimes they hide it and show a "Not secure" icon instead)


Just worked for me in Chrome on Windows 10.

https://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/x3bbtxmvhuwwjdvmmurhwg/feb272021-web-chrome-win10


Finally got a meaningful result: It seems to work only over HTTPS.

I do have Firefox on Linux (what I normally use) set to HTTPS-only mode, which "forces" this forum to load with an "https://" rather than "http://" url, but I didn't set that up in Chrome on Windows. I did notice that in Chrome on Windows the forum is "http://..." but the editor is "https://...".

Hrmm. Interesting.

(It's almost like mrangel pretty much know what the issue is, he just can't access the data to confirm it.)


Log in to post a reply.

Support

Forums