Turn based events

sez
This is a library with tabs to support game events.

Update: Added room based events. So the parent event occurs, then depending on what room the player is in a child event for that room occurs. Saves endless testing and clogging up the events with if's based on player.parent.

I have stuck the thing on github because maintaining this forum post is horrible.

Download v3

How to Use
Capture.PNG

Robb
I was trying to use this...now my game wont load.
*Error: Can not find a file called 'Commands.xml' in current path or application/resource path.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind I am not a coder.
thanks in advance.

HegemonKhan
See if there's a file called 'commands.xml' from Sez' library, and put that file in the same folder as your 'quest.exe' file.

otherwise, you may need to wait for someone else to help you with Sez' library, and/or in removing the library from your game, so your game works again.

don't worry about your game not loading, as that's just an issue with coding mistakes (code is very picky in order for it to work, one small typo/spelling for example and it won't work), which we can help fix up.

if you want to just see what the game code looks like, all you got to do is to right click on your game file and open it up with some text software (notepad, wordpad, notepad++, Apple: text editor, etc etc etc). The other way is through the GUI~Editor (not helpful to you while you can't load into it due to code issues that need to be fixed), as at the top of the screen is a menu bar, and between its 'play' and 'help/?' buttons is a notepaper-like button, this notepaper like button is a toggle to go between GUI~Editor mode and Code View (your entire game code) mode. So, click on it, to go into Code View mode, to see/get at your entire game code. There's, I think similar notepaper-like buttons, also when you're adding a new script, which takes you into a code box, for typing in or editing that specific added new Script only, via code. So, just remember that the notepaper button at the top of the screen in the menu bar, is to see your entire game code, and the other notepaper-like buttons on your 'add new script' is just for editing the code just for that specific script. Also, here's Pixie's library, that gives a bit of a starting guide to quest coding: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5422 , and there's also my (HK's) guide too, that get's a bit into explaining quest's code too: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5559#p38336

Also, if you don't mind making your game code public, you can highlight, copy, and paste it here (as/in a post) too, which will help us fix it up for you. Or, you can pm it to one of the mods, and they can help you privately with fixing it up for you, if you want to keep your game code private.

If you're going to post your game code, put it into the post's code box, via doing this:

[code.]paste your entire game code here[/code.]

but without the periods/dots in the brackets, which will produce this:

paste your entire game code here

I'm not sure if the pm system has the code box capability or not.

If you're brave (make a copy/backup of your game file first of course, you can try to remove/delete this code line (near the top):

<include ref="whatever the name of Sez' Library File.ext" />

and this may allow your game to work again, unless there's other changes that were done to your game (did you use Sez' Library options/Tabs in the GUI~Editor, to do/add things to your game? If you did, then your game may still not work, as we'll have to find those changes and undo them in your game code.

if you're doing/making an online game, you may need to pm Alex or one of the mods (not sure if they have control over the online games/site or not), and they can help with it.