Xanadu Magoo - The World's Only Hope, Part II, Revenge
Type: Text Adventure (not a CYOA)
Size: 100+ rooms, 300+ interactive objects, 20+ locked doors, dozens of puzzles
In Xanadu Magoo - The World's Only Hope, Part I, You accompanied an old high school friend, Marcus Straussberger, on a routine mission to gather information at Dr. Dingo's last known whereabouts. Dr. Dingo is one of the most wanted men in the world and one of the most dangerous. Shortly after your mission had begun, you were violently separated from your friend, shot at, blown up, eliminated two black-robed assassins, climbed the largest tree ever, and eventually broke in to a heavily fortified terrorist compound to reunite with Straussberger, who you thought was your last chance to survive and return safely home. To your dismay, you discover that your friend is actually the one and only Dr. Dingo.
Do you, Xanadu Magoo, have what it takes to survive, get revenge, and escape an enemy compound?
'Part II - The Revenge' takes Xanadu Magoo on a zany, fun, and exciting ride where you will encounter dangerous enemies, pesky puzzles, and the comical and mischievous Blerk, an odd and suspicious creature, who may end up being your best chance of survival.
You are STRONGLY encouraged to:
1. Download this. It's a big game and sometimes big games are a tad slow if played online.
2. At the beginning of the game, type 'help' for common commands and 'about' to learn a small bit about the game.
3. Play the game on a desktop and with volume. There are a multitude of sounds and pictures that go along with the game.
1. All 'display verbs' other than 'look at' have been removed. This game is meant to be typed NOT clicked. You can still click to navigate the player and to look at objects, but this game is designed as a true 'text' adventure.
2. Almost everything has a use. Take as much as you can.
3. When you are manipulating objects, try 'use ____ on ____' first if this seems appropriate. I have tried to include as many commands as possible to help eliminate the 'guess the right command' annoyance.
4. There is NO map built-in to this game so you are encouraged to draw your own as you go. You can find a fairly extensive map about one-third of the way through the game but it does not include all rooms.
5. Typical text adventure commands apply.
6. This game is LARGE - larger than most on this site. It is not a five-minute romp and you are done. Be ready to spend some time on this one.
7. Some puzzles are quite tricky. They are ALL logical though. Read carefully and try to pay attention to the clues!
8. There is a built-in hint system. Just type 'hint' and [enter] if you are stuck. At this point, you will be asked to type the name of the room you need help with. Use it sparingly as to not cheapen the game!!
9. Keep in mind that the beginning is fairly linear. You are after all recovering your senses one at a time and then escaping a prison cell. After you escape the cell, the game really opens up, so be patient!
10. Finally, you do NOT need to play part one of this trilogy to enjoy or understand this installment. If you want to play, the title of the first part is "Xanadu - The World's Only Hope". You might also enjoy the one room game "Furby McQuack", or the rhyming, dragon slaying adventures in "Into the Dragon's Den".
Ask on the forums or in the comment section for additional hints and tips!
Have fun and thanks for playing!